NZXT is a rapidly growing company made up of gamers, builders, and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. We are a team of creative, motivated, and results-oriented people who love what we do and are dedicated to making it easy, fun, and rewarding for our audience to play games. We are a founder-led organization that has not lost any of our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. This is an exciting time to join NZXT as we are poised for significant global expansion and growth.
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
Every Voice Matters Win Together
Keep It Simple Give A Shit
Build Scalable Systems Commit To Quality
Learn And Grow Do What You Say
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is looking for an exceptional Lead Industrial Designer to add to our team. The Lead Industrial Designer will help lead and grow our highly productive design team to help our rapidly growing company thrive. We are looking for creative problem solvers who are also exceptional at execution. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fast pace environment as part of a team responsible for developing and delivering products for our customers worldwide.
- In addition to managing daily industrial design responsibilities, you will also lead, coach, and manage our growing team of industrial designers. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing their projects from concept to production. Mentor industrial designers and provide them with opportunities for growth via skill development on a critical, strategic and technical level
- Help organize meetings, critiques, and design reviews with cross-functional teams.
- From time to time, you will also fulfill the role as an individual contributor designing and presenting world-class concepts and design solutions to ensure buy-in from cross-functional teams. Ensuring concept to handoff to engineers to production.
- Own the project from concept to production and proactively drive efforts forward with cross-functional teams.
- Work with design management and senior leadership to contribute to ID vision and strategy. Improve on design process, design methodologies and design thinking at NZXT
- Communicate and work with domestic and oversea suppliers/vendors.
- Staying up to date with customer and market needs in order to identify new design opportunities.
- Test and validate prototypes
- Design Solutions for New Products
- Approve and Analyze ME drawings, Prototypes, Samples
- Processing and Response to Suppliers/Manufacturers
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Experience in peripherals and audio is a must. (This is for internal information only our new product categories are not public yet)
- A BFA or BS in Industrial Design related field is a must.
- Must have at least 8 years of working experience as a Product/Industrial Designer.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of more than three industrial designers
- Professional experience in consumer electronics or computer-related fields is a must.
- Highly refined design sensibilities
- Strong conceptualization skills and mechanical aptitude
- High creative problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and drive
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Able to work under pressure as well as under extremely tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the PC gaming industry or related field is a plus.
- Exceptional at concept sketching and product renderings.
- Must display an eagerness to learn and a willingness to accept constructive criticism and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, CMF, and product development processes is a must.
- Must have strong knowledge in peripherals and audio (This is for internal information only our new product categories are not public yet)
- Proficiency in Solidworks or ProE and Keyshot is an absolute must.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power-Point.
- Ability to communicate in English is a must.
- Minimum travel required.
- Candidates MUST provide a portfolio or a personal website to be considered for this position.
- This is a non-remote position.